Important — General Caution
Applying any material to a painted metallic surface without Following All Instructions For The Use And Care may result in damage to that surface. Gomagnets.com takes pride in keeping its product users apprised of information that helps prevent such consequences. By following these instructions, a product user can ensure top performance. Failure to follow these instructions and tips may cause damage to the magnetic material and/or surface to which applied. Gomagnets.com / Magnum will not be held liable for any damage caused by abuse, misuse, or failure to follow the enclosed tips and instructions.
Preparing Magnetic-Receptive Surfaces
- Before affixing magnetic sheet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured (hardened).*
- Clean the metallic surface and the magnet with mild detergent.
- Wipe with a soft cloth or allow to dry.
- *(Approximate curing times: paint—90 days; clear coat—60 days; wax—2 days.)
Applying Flexible Magnet
- Before applying, test all inks and paints used on the magnet for adhesion and solvent compatibility.
- If possible, affix to smooth, flat or gently curved metallic surfaces.
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface (i.e., no air pockets).
- If you place the magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and reaffix. Do not pull the magnet across the surface, or it may stretch due to the resistance caused by the high magnetic strength.
- Avoid use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods), temperatures exceeding 160° F (71° C) or temperatures below -15° F (-26° C). Exposure to cold weather will make the magnet more brittle so use caution when handling.
- Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
- Avoid use on non-metallic body fillers, simulated wood grain siding and repainted surfaces.
Cleaning Flexible Magnet
- To guard against moisture and dirt buildup between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications), remove the magnet at regular intervals. Clean both the magnet and metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry. (For vehicle-mounted signs, remove and clean DAILY.)
- After waxing and polishing, allow 2 days for wax to cure before applying magnets.